We are excited to be launching a brand new online training program called Leadership!!!
The purpose of Leadership. is to develop advanced leadership skills for our existing AYCC volunteers, as well as enable the growth and expansion in the leadership of our grassroots volunteers, by stepping up other young people wanting to become leaders.
In order for us to build the most powerful grassroots movement to achieve our vision for climate justice, we need hundreds of young people with advanced leadership skills, as well as tailored training in how we campaign and organise at the AYCC - and that’s just what Leadership. is all about.
Through Leadership. you will:
- Deepen your leadership, campaigning + organising skills to decentralise and scale our movement
- Gain tools and skills to build the leadership of other young people in your communities
- Learn advanced skills from experienced trainers in skills such as strategy, managing complex teams, building alliances, relational organising and more!
- Have a pathway for stepping up in your leadership within AYCC, and a framework for how you can apply skills and knowledge learned throughout the program
When? 4th July - 15th August
- Launch weekend - Sat 4th July 12-3pm, Sun 5th July 12-3pm
- 2 hour weekly sessions starting Tuesday 7th July, finishing Tuesday 11th August
- Graduation + Celebration on Sat 15th August, 12-3pm
Who is it for?
You should apply for this program if you:
- Are an existing AYCC leader on the awesome core, super committed or active crew layer on our ladder of engagement and want to deepen your leadership skills OR
- Want to step up as a leader in AYCC and have participated in previous AYCC training programs + have an understanding of AYCC’s values, theory of change and climate justice campaigning.
Expressions of interest are now open - register your interest to the right! Applications will be opening in the coming weeks.