Vote 1 Reef
Vote 1 Reef
We love the Reef! Who doesn't? But with 93% of the Reef bleached and up to 1/3 of the coral dead, this election is our last chance to protect it from future bleaching events caused by dangerous global warming.
2 days out from the election, join us to show you're voting 1 Reef this election by casting your vote in our giant Reef ballot box to put pressure on our politicians to take the action this icon deserves.
We will bring the colour and the fun, all you have to do is show up with as many people as you can muster to make our message strong and clear.
What to expect:
- A voting 'queue in' at our Reef polling booth
- A chance to tell our cameras why your voting for the Reef this election for an election video (optional)
- Inspirational speakers and lots of Reef banners
- Media attention on the Reef before the election
A vote for the Reef means:
- A rapid transition to clean, renewable energy and a phase out of dirty, old coal-fired power stations with a just transition plan for workers and communities.
- No new coal mines and expansions including rejecting Adani’s giant Carmichael mine once and for all, and an end to fossil fuel subsidies.
- No more damaging industrial developments on the Reef coast, like Abbot Point
We can't wait to see you there in your AYCC t-shirt to send a clear message 2 days out from this critical climate election.
266 George St
Brisbane, QLD 4000
Google map and directions