Hands off our future, Turnbull
The Turnbull government is continuing to pander to big corporations by silencing the voices of everyday Australians who want to have a say on issues that matter to them.
Right now, there is a trio of bills on the table designed by the government to silence the voices of people like you by gagging hundreds of Australian charities who do vital advocacy work to make the world a better place.
This legislation would make it impossible for small not for profits like us to operate and we could have to shut down.
Call any of these key government leaders today to tell them to get their hands off our future, and block these dangerous bills for good.
The Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP - (02) 6277 7700
Senator the Hon Mathias Cormann - (08) 9325 4227
The Hon Michael McCormack MP - (02) 6277 7820
The Hon Julie Bishop MP - (02) 6277 7500
The Hon Steven Ciobo MP - (02) 6277 7420
The Hon Scott Morrison MP - (02) 6277 7340
The Hon Kelly O’Dwyer MP - (02) 6277 7930
The Hon Peter Dutton MP - (02) 6277 7860
The Hon Christian Porter MP - (02) 6277 7300
Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash - (08) 9226 2000
Senator the Hon Mitch Fifield - (03) 9584 2455
Senator the Hon Nigel Scullion - (08) 8948 3555
- Talk about what's at stake for you. What would it mean to you if we couldn't take action on climate change, or charities didn't have a voice.
- When you call you will probably talk to a staff member and not a politician, ask them to leave a message.
- Be polite and encouraging, but firm! This is our future on the line.
- Ask them to come out publicly in the opposition to the legislation and make it clear we will not accept any amendments. We have legal advice which tells us that no amount of changes will lesson the impact of these anti-democratic bills because of the way it's written. They must block the bills in their entirety.
- The names of the bills are: The Federal Electoral Act, the Espionage and Foreign Interference Act, and the Foreign Influence Act
- Take notes and let us know how you go!
You can read more here:
Will you call?
Help us reach our goal of 5 signatures