Make a call to stop BP
The Australian Senate have just announced they will hold a full Senate Inquiry into BP’s dangerous drilling in The Great Australian Bight.
The Senate Inquiry couldn’t have come at a better time. This Monday NOPSEMA (National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority. WOAH THAT’S A MOUTHFUL!) are due to make their decision on BP’s environmental plan.
This is the perfect opportunity to call NOPSEMA and ask them to reject BP's approval!
NOPSEMA aren't like politicians who get these calls all the time. They may be surprised so you'll need to explain who you are and why you're calling.
- Explain who you are and that you're calling because the Australian Senate has just launched an inquiry into BP's drilling project in the Great Australian Bight
- It's time for NOPSEMA to reject BP's environmental approval
- BP can't be trusted with our climate and are irresposible, reject BP's environmental plan
- BP drilling in the Bight is too risky.
- Five years ago, their risky behaviour caused the Deepwater Horizon Disaster, a huge oil spill in the US which tragically saw lives lost, fisheries almost wiped out and cost billions of dollars to clean up. An oil spill in the Bight is not a matter of if, but when.
- An oil spill like the one in Mexico would mean for devastation for our beaches, Aboriginal songlines, majestic whales, the prize tourism industry, fisheries and our climate.
- Protect the Bight - reject BP's approval today
Call them on: (08) 6188 8700 (Head Office) Good news, the head office is in WA so we can call them till 7pm EST
Make a call to NOPSEMA's head office and let us know how it goes!
Will you sign?
Help us reach our goal of 111 calleds