Malcolm Turnbull made us a promise during the election to ensure there would be no public money for Adani.
Just yesterday we found out that an application has been submitted for a federal loan to Adani’s railway link. Two weeks after the Election we need to make sure that PM Malcolm Turnbull doesn’t break his first election promise.
Call his office right now and tell him why he needs to keep his promise and step in make sure this loan doesn’t go ahead. Remember to take a few deep breaths and stay calm if this is your first time.
(02) 9327 3988
Here are some talking points:
- Hi, my name is ___ from ___. I’m calling about the announcement of an application for a federal loan for the railway link for Adani’s project.
- I’m really concerned about this project going ahead. Malcolm Turnbull made a promise during the election that there would be no public money for Adani and I expect him to keep it.
- I think it’s outrageous that he’s put a Minister who is a climate denier and who thinks Adani’s project has economic benefits in charge of these loans. Adani’s own experts were in court saying that the project would deliver less than 1500 jobs and we’ve already seen 14 international banks pull out of this project.
- I want the Prime Minister to put money into upgrading us to 100% renewable energy not putting more money into dirty fossil fuel projects.
- I want the Prime Minister to know that I stand with thousands of Australians across the country who are really concerned about Adani’s coal projects and will do whatever it takes to stop this project.
The Prime Minister's office: 02 6277 7700
Check out the talking points on the left to guide your conversation and then tell us how it went.
Will you sign?
Help us reach our goal of 69 calleds