Call Josh Frydenberg Today: (02) 6277 7920
Demand a Federal water review on Adani
Last month with your petitions and calls we forced Josh Frydenberg, environment minister to delay the decision on Adani's water plan.
Adani wants to suck 12.5 billion litres of water EVERY YEAR from the Suttor River for its Carmichael coal mine without requiring an environmental assessment of its plan. Frydenberg is reviewing Adani's proposal and is due to make a decision on whether Adani's water scheme requires a full environmental assessment any day now.
Will you take a minute and call Minister Frydenberg's office on (02) 6277 7920
Wondering what to say on the phone? We've put together some easy talking points?
- Ask for Minister Frydenberg - you will most likely speak to a staffer.
- Introduce yourself. Tell them who you are and where you live.
- I’m calling today to ask the Minister to take action on Adani’s North Galilee Water Scheme.
- Please ask the Minister to identify this water scheme as a controlled action under federal environment laws and require a full environmental impact assessment.
- This project is likely to significantly harm our water resources. It needs to be assessed by the Independent Expert Scientific Committee.
- Please make sure this message and my name are passed on to the Minister, as his decision on this issue is due any day now.
- Thank them for their time!
Let us know how you go!
Call (02) 6277 7920 today and ask for a proper environmental assessment of Adani's mine.
Will you call?
Help us reach our goal of 217 calleds