How much is the trip?
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Fundraising target: $3,950 (excludes travel)
Travel cost: $5,480 + taxes of approx $170 (can be fundraised)
How do I fundraise?
Throughout the year you will be supported by the fundraising team at Inspired Adventures who will help you put together a fundraising plan. As well as this you’ll be paired up with a past participant from the 2013 expedition who will be able to share their stories and advice with you. You’ll also have access to AYCC’s Fundraising Director Gemma Borgo-Caratti who will be able to support you. The funds raised for the AYCC are tax deductible, funds raised to cover travel costs are not tax deductible.
Return international airfares, with Thai International Airways, departing Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne (other departure cities available at additional cost)
- Return domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla
- All transfers in private vehicle
- Twin-share accommodation in 2–3 star hotels, lodges and teahouses
- Inspired Adventures Tour Leader
- Local English-speaking guides and trekking crew
- Porters (one porter between two)
- Meals as per itinerary
- Water on trekking days
- All entrance fees and national park permits as per itinerary
- Climate expert from HCI on trekking days
- Three days volunteering with HCI
What’s not included?
- Domestic flight to Australian departure city (if required)
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Some meals and drinks on rest days and unplanned days along the trip
- Optional tours/activities not mentioned in itinerary
- Personal expenditure
- Tips and gratuities
Where does the money I raise go?
When you join Climb-it for Climate, you’ll be taking action on climate change. With your support, both the AYCC and HCI can continue to grow.
The funds you raise will enable AYCC to:
- Repower Port Augusta - We are working to Repower Port Augusta in South Australia to build Australia’s first ever solar thermal plant.
- Save the Reef from six huge new coal port proposals.
- Reach 25,000 students with our climate science presentation and hold 7 2-day summits for 50-100 students as part of our National Schools Program
- Expand our Indigenous Youth Engagement Program to intensively train and mentor up to 50 Indigenous youth to run projects and campaigns in their communities.
And will enable HCI to:
- Expand climate change adaptation and education programs like the Hamri Bahini Green Angels
- Run the first ever Power Shift Nepal, a three-day youth summit to empower young people in Nepal to take action on climate change.