Call Bill Shorten to #StopAdani
Call Bill Shorten now and demand the Labor Party commit to stopping Adani’s dangerous coal mine.
Call now: (02) 6277 4022
Adani have just announced they have the money to get their dangerous Carmichael coal mine off the ground. It's going to take political leadership to stop this mine for good.
- When you call you may be talking to a staff member and not a politician, ask them to leave a message
- Be polite and encouraging, but firm! This is our future on the line.
- Talk about why stopping Adani and transitioning away from coal is so important to you.
- Ask them to come out publicly in the opposition to Adani’s coal mine and make their opposition CLEAR.
Want to do more? Call Scott Morrison as well and leave the same message! (02) 6277 7700.
Here's some notes to help you on the phone:
- I’m calling in response to breaking news that Adani have secured the finance to proceed with their dangerous and unpopular Carmichael coal mine
Adani’s mine should not go ahead
- They’re currently under investigation after already breaking our laws!
- The Reef provides 70,000 jobs- if the Reef dies it will have a serious impact on all the people whose livelihoods depend on the Reef. It’s a $67 billion asset and we shouldn’t jeopardise it.
- 270 billion litres would be drained by Adani at a time when Queensland is experiencing crippling drought.
- Adani is a nightmare for the climate- it’ll lock in more bushfires, droughts, cyclones, extreme heat and changing weather.
- To be clear, my vote will be determined by your response to Adani.
- Labor’s first priority, if elected into government, needs to be revoking the Adani mine's approvals.
- It’s not impossible, a Labor Environment Minister could review and revoke Adani’s licence under section 145 the EPBC Act.
- Labor needs to publicly commit right now to stopping Adani.
- I want to see Bill Shorten speak out publicly against the mine and say Labor don’t want to it go ahead because it’s not in the national interest.
- Can you please confirm how you will ensure my message is passed on to Mr Shorten?